About Toccoa Presbyterian Church
Our Mission Statement
Toccoa Presbyterian Church is a community of believers, who desire to live our lives in a way that demonstrates the power of Jesus Christ to transform lives and empower us to spread the gospel so that others will know His unending love.
To build a flourishing church that makes disciples of Jesus Christ.
To accomplish this through God’s providential care and leading by December 2027, we hope to:
- Add 30 members to the church rolls, for a total of +/- 90 total Covenant Partners,
- Have a fully functioning Sunday School Program for all ages,
- Institute capital improvements to renovate the educational wing of the church and upgrade the heating system,
- Grow the budget and improve staff compensation as needed,
- Worship together in a traditional, liturgical, biblical model of worship, finding ways to actively involve all age groups through music, ownership, and volunteer activities,
- Promote regular prayer time with Covenant Partners attending and open the sanctuary to the public for prayer: Praying for conversions to Christ and baptisms,
- Praying for homes for the Toccoa homeless,
- 200 new hymnals.
We hold to beliefs stated in the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed. We are grounded in the Reformed faith and essential tenets and core values of ECO.
Who We Are
A loving congregation in a small town setting. A church with a heart for God’s Word and how it plays out in our community and world. A service offering a traditional worship style.
Our Church’s History
Our church has a rich history in the community. It was one of the first churches founded after the city of Toccoa was established. Since its founding in 1873, one of the most valuable aspects of the church is the congregation’s desire and ability to work with others in the community. Toccoa Presbyterian was instrumental in starting many of the ministries that continue to serve today. As in the past, our church members continue to work closely with numerous organizations within our community and also to provide leadership in city government.
Toccoa Presbyterian Church has a long heritage dating back 149 years. Our three-story historic facility is centrally located in the small town of Toccoa, Georgia. Built in 1925-1926 with additions made in the 1950’s the church building contains Sunday school classrooms, a nursery, a fellowship hall, church offices, choir room, a library and a sanctuary with seating for 250.
Toccoa Presbyterian at a Glance
- Current membership: 63
- Average worship attendance: 35-45
- Church employees: music director, organist, and a church secretary
- Music: a sanctuary choir, organ, handbell ensemble, adhoc vocal and instrumental ensembles, congregational singing
- Regular Fellowship Suppers
- Active Presbyterian Women’s group
- Bi-weekly Women’s Bible Study
- Church picnics
- Fifth Sunday Hymn Sing and Soup/Salad Supper
- Communion celebrated monthly
- Volunteer/community activities
- Habitat for Humanity
- Open Arms Clinic
- Special Olympics
- Prison ministry
- Center for Women’s Ministries
- Operation Christmas Child
- Presbyterian Women collect for rotating ministries during the year
- Hope Center
- Paradise Mountain
- A love for God and His Word
- Loving, close fellowship
- Music ministry
- A desire for a strong community outreach
- No outstanding debt
Our Areas We Want to Improve
- Implement strategies to attract new members
- Initiate a men’s ministry and Bible study