Pastoral Job Description
Full Time pastor to an average of 35-45 active members and attenders, 90 miles northeast of Atlanta, GA. Congregation is a member of ECO denomination (a Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians).
- Stable, mature, and authentic Christian whose life is modeled after Jesus as evidenced by fruits of the Spirit.
- Effective communicator and Biblically-based teacher of the Word of God.
- Has a shepherding heart to include but not limited to the following:
- Attends church events
- Listens well
- Lives in our community
- Is friendly and has a servant attitude
- Has high empathetic capacity
- Always considers others’ points of view
- Rooted in prayer and obedient to scripture.
- Encourages children and youth ministries as well as local and global missions.
- Shares our vision as a leader in our church and community of believers.
- Provide engaging, biblically grounded sermons that inspire, challenge and encourage.
- Use spiritual gifts in the areas of apostleship, prophecy, evangelism, shepherding, and teaching (as stated in the ECO Constitution, 2.04).
- Nurture the spiritual health and maturity of the body of Christ in order to equip us to partner with God in His redemptive work (Also from the Constitution, 2.04).
- Adhere to the polity of the ECO Constitution as it relates to the session’s responsibilities.
- Shepherd the congregation through visitation, accessibility, posted office hours, counseling, and attending church functions.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with the staff and congregation.
- Communicates upcoming plans to staff in a timely manner, seeking consensus.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and ordinarily a master’s degree from an accredited theological seminary in biblical or theological studies (as stated in the ECO Constitution, 2.04).
- Already ordained in, or able to be ordained in, the ECO denomination.
Prefer to have some experience as associate or lead pastor, but not required.
45-55k with a total package including benefits to be + or – 75k.
Email a cover letter, a resume, at least three recorded sermons via web links or attached files, and three or more references to: email@example.com
To learn more about Toccoa, Georgia, please visit these links: